- To serve as a TRAINING CENTRE for the development of high level manpower in the Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) management to all tiers of government and the private sector ;
- To conduct POLICY RESEARCH, evaluation and review with a view to providing sound policy advice for dynamic technology-driven, knowledge-based development;
- To design and run postgraduate course/programmes in STI management in conjunction with appropriate with appropriate established institution home or/and abroad;
- To establish, maintain and provide relevant databases on STI engagements, as well as providing access to databanks on STI research outputs to facilitate activities towards commercial exploitation;
- To assist the various governments (Federal, State and Local) in the country in STI policy formulation and strategies for utilising such for development and
- To collaborate with other countries especially African countries in STI training, policy research and consultancy.